“Filled with intelligence and stark precision.”
The words used in a review of one of our titles.
We know what that reviewer meant.
There are some essays that stand out from their context,
beyond the theme of the book they're in.
And by their originality, clarity - even bravery
- they demand to be reread. Restudied.
The chapters brought together in this special volume are those essays.
Scattered through our books on diverse topics over the past ten years, they're collected together in this new book for the first time. We hope their influence and – yes – intelligence will help guide and inspire you as you fight to help museums contribute to the change which our society needs.
• Guy Atkins | Artist-researcher, Writer and Dramaturg, London
• Mathew Britten | Manager, Bury Transport Museum
• Kaywin Feldman | Director, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
• Helen Graham | Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, University of Leeds
• Kerry Grist | Collections Assistant, Science Museum Group, London
• Stefanie Jandl | Writer and Independent Museum Professional
• Jaclyn J Kelly | Executive Director, Wisconsin Labor History Society
• Adrian Kerr | Curator, Museum of Free Derry
• Bernadette Lynch | Founder, Soldarity in Action Network
• Mark Teh | Performance Director, Curator and Researcher, Singapore
• Emily Turner | Museum Educator, Seattle
• Georgina Young | Museum Curator and Leader, London